Tell us About You Tuesday


Hi there Everybody!  My name is Katie Byrd and I am a teacher in California.  I am linking up with Freebielicious today to tell you a little bit about me.  I have been teaching for 17 years.  I have always taught young kids.  I currently teach a half day kindergarten and do reading intervention with firsties in the afternoon.  I LOVE my job!  

I live in a beautiful little spot on the central coast.  This is the beach that is a 20 minute walk from my house.  



I feel so grateful and blessed to live here!


This is my classroom.  I love my school!  It is a teeny tiny school and district all in one.  We have about 140 students and some classes are mixed grades.  Thankfully I have taught only kinder for the past few years.


My classroom is always a colorful.  It is a 20 minute drive from my house on small twisty mountain roads.  It is tucked in a little valley in the mountains.



This is our fur baby, Ginger.  Isn't she cute?  My husband has had guinea pigs as pets ever since he was a child and has no plan of stopping any time soon.  I love that about him.  He is a sweet and gentle soul.



Here is a picture of me with my husband and my best friend Deborah.  We are wearing orange because we were at a SF Giants game!  Woo hoo!


I love the Giants!  We watch baseball and cheer for our team all summer long.  This is a snow globe that I got at a game this year.  I went with some great moms from my school.  It was a blast!



So, that is a bit about me.  California girl.  Giants fan.  Happy kindergarten teacher after 17 years.  Go to Freebielicious to check out some more great blogs.  Just click on the button below to get there.

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. How great to live in such a wonderful place! I love your classroom. I had to pin it so I can get more ideas! Thanks!

    Jessica
    Notes From the Portable

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for stopping by Jessica! I just went to your blog to see your post. I am your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete